The Embassy of Japan seeks a highly qualified person who can perform as an administrative assistant to the diplomats in the Economic Section. You will be required to support the diplomats by producing research and analysis reports on economic issues as well as conducting administrative work within a team of locally employed staff to support the wider functions of the Embassy. The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation, and sick leave. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Location: Embassy of Japan in Hungary (1125 Budapest, Zalai u. 7. HUNGARY)
- Job: Administrative Assistant in the Economic Section.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 17:00pm (Lunch hour: 12:30 pm – 2:00pm) with the possibility of overtime work
- Salary: according to qualifications and experience
- Application Deadline: 24 March 2017, 18:00
- Interviews: March 2017
- Job Starting: April 2017
- Keeping diplomats up-to-date and informed on current economic and political affairs; developing an awareness of the issues important to the Embassy.
- Research and analysis on the Hungarian Government’s economic policy, economic situation in Hungary, and the Hungarian economic relations with the foreign counties including Japan.
- Secretarial work such as making appointments, answering phone calls, preparing meeting rooms, checking and collecting news articles, collecting economic indicators, and making photocopies.
- Drafting, editing, and/or proofreading letters, documents, and correspondence in Hungarian and English as needed.
- Assisting diplomats in the development and implementation of events, making reservations for restaurants and hotels and drawing up itineraries for visitors and drivers.
- Conducting daily news and press release monitoring of trade and economic issues relevant to the portfolios of the Economic Section diplomats.
- Attending occasional external meetings and lectures; taking notes and producing reports.
- Taking external enquiries about on issues that the Economic Section is responsible for.
- Legal right to work in the Hungary in accordance with the actual Immigration Act
- Education level :university degree
- Working experience minimum 2, 3years at a team working environment
- Excellent English and Hungarian language skill: both speaking and writing
- Fluent in Japanese language, especially verbal communication skills (writing skill is preferred but not necessarily required). Translation skills in Japanese and Hungarian preferred.
- Experiences of residing in Japan, working at Japanese companies or working with Japanese preferred.
- Good IT Skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Good communication skill, Good analytical and research skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a CV (as detailed as possible) and a covering letter explaining how you are able to meet the requirements for the position, your current salary, daytime telephone number and email address, by 18:00 on 24 March 2017 , to email@example.com .
Alternatively, you may post or deliver your CV and covering letter to:
Economic Section, Embassy of Japan, 1125 Budapest, Zalai u. 7. HUNGARY
All applicants must have the legal right to work in Hungary in accordance with the Immigration Act. All applicants must state that this right is obtained through citizenship, permanent residency or work permit in their application.
Applicants not providing this information in their application will not be considered for employment. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
The local employee shall serve a probation period of three months immediately after the start date of employment.
It is the Embassy’s policy that we do not give any kind of feedback of the interviews.